There is less than a week left until Global Dance Festival takes on Sports Authority Field in Denver, CO for two nights filled of bass. Although this has been a big move for the festival, the improvements and expansions it offers will make it even more unforgettable. In order to help our readers, Malaysian Safari is putting together a Festival Survival Guide filled of tips to help fully enjoy Global Dance.
Some pro tips are listed below for attending festivals. Here is a link to specific rules for attendees.
- Always bring a refillable water bottle or camel back. Stay hydrated!
- Fanny pack, fanny pack. A necessity to making your life 100% easier and more accessible.
- If you’re anything like me, always remember to put sunscreen- even if it’s cloudy!! Those rays will make sure to get your gorgeous self.
- Make sure to explore the festival grounds to discover hidden gems. Global Dance will have food trucks, arcade games, and more!
- Buddy system is probably one of the most important things you can have. Always travel with a buddy so you’re guaranteed to not lose all your friends.
- Going along with that, have a meeting spot that is easily found and not confused if you do get separated.
- Portable charges are a must- because phone batteries always drain so quickly at festivals. You can even go the extra step of writing everyone’s numbers down in case of an emergency.
- For our rail riding headbanging freaks, pack your earplugs so you can still hear after being blasted with bass for hours.
- Although you would think it’s common sense, wear deodorant. We all sweat, but smelling all natural body odor is not pleasant. Your mother, Malaysian Safari, and fell headbangers will thank you.
- Wear comfy shoes that you don’t care getting ruined. Open toed shoes at your own risk 100% guarantee you will be stepped on.
- Don’t go too hard too quick. Pace yourself, enjoy the day. Your pocket and stomach will thank you.
- Always stash some emergency money somewhere. We recommend, if you have a solid color, your phone case.
- Wear pants with zippers. That way if you do put something in it, it is easier to keep secure and safe.
- Always know what is going on around you. Some people suck and will try to steal stuff. Be aware, and even though its cliche, see something, say something.
- Plan ahead for the festival by making a schedule for yourself of all the artist you want to see with set times and stages. Make this your home screen so its easy to access and uses less battery.
- Take advantage of shade and seated areas. It’s important to take a moment to breathe and get out of the sun.
- Prepare for the weather. If its cloudy or chance of rain, pack a clear poncho to show off your outfit but stay dry.
- Make sure to have a good healthy food and drink plenty of water leading up to the festival. Helps with energy and being prepared!
- Watch your drinks and only take things from people you trust. No reason to get freaky from the unknown!
- Be kind to everyone you meet! If you see someone who may need help or not having a fun time, reach out.